Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ah, to be lionhearted!



Today is the day; off to France I go. How do I feel? Terrified. Seriously doubting my decision to run off to Europe by myself with only $1000 AND I'm immediately regretting putting off the majority of the work until last minute. Mais, c'est vie? I suppose. I also suppose that one way of looking at this situation is that this is my first adventure and although the horizon is foreign I must blindly walk forth.
It is in times like these when I think of Frodo and Harry; they must have been really terrified. Facing the greatest dark powers imaginable seems far more difficult than leisurely traveling around France for a few months. I guess I should probably just start thinking of this as a personal, yet epic(!), undertaking....leading me into the unknown. A story not for the fate of heart.. a quest for eternal glory! Wits will be tested, strength will be measured, GOD knows if I'll return!!!


But as someone, somewhere, once said "all glory comes from daring to begin."
So, ere I go.



No comments:

Post a Comment