Saturday, January 23, 2010

OH herro

So I'm off to France in t-minus 4 days. LOADS of stuff to do. Good thing I'm an expert procrastinator and left it all for my last few days in the states. I wish I was capable of being one of those kids (Alexa) who is almost always perfectly prepared for things like this, but ALAS I am not. I have this horrid habit of thinking "eh I'll just figure it out when I get there" which commonly results in me standing confounded in front of the masses..its fine. My biggest concern this morning is a lack of ipod. I can't fathom going 3 months in a foreign country without Biggie and T-Swift. So i've been scouring craigslist for cheap old ones, hopefully something will pop up.
When I finally make it to Paris I'll be staying with an ol' high school buddy for a day or so, which is extremely comforting because she might be the only person I actually know in France as of right now. She is doing me a HUGE favor and letting me crash for a night before I flit away to my first farm. My first farm is the in the north-western corner of France in a town called Plogoff. I found out a few days ago that I'll be doing some traditional stone masonry here which is going to be SICK. I'm staying with a man named Franck, his family, their 2 dogs, one cat and multiple ducks. Franck sounds (surprisingly) excited and enthusiastic about my arrival, which is not what I expected from the supposed stuffy French disposition. I'm reading this book called "French or Foe" by a lady named Polly Platt. Great book, I would suggest it to anyone who is traveling to France and wants a good shot at surviving encounters with the natives. Platt keeps talking about how if you want the French to work/cooperate with your requests you have to "seduce" it out of them. HAH we'll see about that. "Seduction" is not my forte.
Anyway, JS is bugging me about "starting my day" and "getting things done! Don't you know your going to France in 4 days?! You have to PREPARE!!" My "eh" response just resulted in a large scoff and some kind of mumble which I'm sure was him financially cutting me off...GREAT.

Here, watch listen to some Edith Piaf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Kvu6Kgp88



No comments:

Post a Comment